365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back to the Future

+21
Gobbles
Michael Enright
fostever
mul21
Liz R
KathyK
Alex Kubacki
Chris M
Dave-O
Schuey
ounce
Seth Harrison
Mark B
John Kilpatrick
Julie
Mike MacLellan
Peg Coover
JohnP
Kenny B.
Jerry
Michele "1L" Keane
25 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Back to the Future - Page 6 Empty Re: Back to the Future

Post  Kenny B. Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:38 pm

I like the data! Nice way to perceive it.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Kubacki Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:46 pm

Michele, awesome job sticking to your race plan and getting it done. Interesting data and really tells a lot. Congrats.
Alex Kubacki
Alex Kubacki
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  KathyK Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:53 am

Very interesting data, Michele! It certainly puts everything in perspective!
KathyK
KathyK
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:39 pm

Mike MacLellan wrote:Nice race, Michele! Seriously, I checked out everyone's times while in the car back to the hotel and you ran a DAMN good race. Great job.

My mom thanks you profusely for the tip about parking downtown!
She's good like that!

Cool number crunching Michele and damn fine race!

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:13 pm

I know I haven't posted since Boston, but I have been very busy between Prom and getting the house/stuff ready for a yard sale. I feel like I have piles of stuff everywhere, and it is all becoming too real. My daughter reminded me this morning that she has roughly 15 more days of high school - so yes, it is all becoming too real. The last couple of weeks of running have been interesting as well. The weather was awesome when I returned after Boston with a couple of mornings where I actually wore long sleeves and long pants to run. Alas, those days, I fear, are gone as the last few have been in the mid-high 80s with lows only in the high 60s and the humidity in the 80+% range. I think our two weeks of (late) Spring are now gone and summer is finally here. Recovery is going along, but the heat/humidity are not helping. It was good to read that John, Michael, Stephen, and Mike are all having some setbacks after the race as well. I know that I blame some of my issues on dehydration and I have to remember that summer is here.

Anyway, prom was a success and now on to the last couple of weeks of high school and then graduation. Just leaving you with a picture of my daughter and her date - a boy she has been friends with since kindergarten. Very sweet.

Back to the Future - Page 6 Shanno11
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:25 pm

Pretty picture! That is awesome to have a friend since kindergarten (for me, it is amazing because I moved about 11 times before I was 9 yrs old). Graduating from high school is such a big milestone, too.

I hope running goes well in spite of the heat and humidity. Be easy on yourself as you are recovering from a really brutal marathon.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:12 pm

Nice photo! I think it's very nice how his boutonniere matches the color of her dress.
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:14 pm

Good looking kids!!! Hope they had a wonderful time - to be young again! And yes, summer is here. It was 91 during my "run" this evening. I'm sure it will hurt us when we get our "real" running legs again.

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Gobbles Sun May 06, 2012 11:31 am

Michele:
Hope thing are going well. Questions for you:
How many coaches and mentor are at your "in-training" location?
What mileage are you intermediates at (40 mins)?
Gobbles
Gobbles
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Sun May 06, 2012 11:59 am

Gobbles wrote:Michele:
Hope thing are going well. Questions for you:
How many coaches and mentor are at your "in-training" location?
What mileage are you intermediates at (40 mins)?

Answered in your blog.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnP Sun May 06, 2012 2:33 pm

Very nice picture, I missed it when you posed it but see it now.
JohnP
JohnP
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Sun May 06, 2012 2:56 pm

Aw, high school prom. Have to say, your daughter and her date look quite a bit more... formal... than I did at my senior prom. What a Face
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Sun May 06, 2012 10:18 pm

Oh my, has she grown up since I saw her last!
Bob
Bob
Lord Bobby
Lord Bobby

Back to top Go down

Post  wheakory Sun May 06, 2012 11:58 pm

Nice picture. Beautiful daughter you have. You ought to be proud.
wheakory
wheakory
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Wed May 09, 2012 9:29 am

Thanks you all. I do have a great daugther, and yes, Bob, I think you last saw her at the Shamrock Shuffle in 2005 - so 7 yrs ago. It might be tough come September for Mom when for the last 3.5 yrs it has really been Mom, daughter and dog, and now it will mostly be Mom and dog despite the fact that I'll be back living with my hubby. He travels so much that I know he will be gone a lot.

On the running front, things are indeed coming back together which is good. It will be a bit crazy these next 3-4 wks with graduation stuff, the move, and college orientation, but I'll do what I can when I can. I had a brief procedure done yesterday that kept me from running, and this morning's run was a bit slow due to the humidity and the lack of any real solid food in my diet since Sunday (and last night when I returned home). I did find out that my insides are "unremarkable" which is good. A cold front is supposed to come through tonight, so tomorrow's run should be in temps around 50F - won't that feel spectacular.

My house looks like a cyclone came through with stuff every where in prepartion for an Estate Sale this weekend. I found so many things that I had no idea that I had like 4 Waterford crystal wine glasses and I don't even have Waterford crystal and a coffee perculator - who knew. It feels good to purge, and I noticed that my daughter caught on when I found her sifting through a box of Alternative Press Magazines and keeping only the two with her favorite band on the cover. She also weeded through a box of elementary school stuff keeping only Flat Stanley and pictures from K, 1st, and 2nd grades.

I know I'll be sad to leave Atlanta this time (not so much the last time), but I have already been corresponding with some local runners (again) in Cleveland and I'm anxious to meet up with them again this fall. One guy lives in the same city as I will be living in, and even though he says he is too old and slow (he is 60), he just ran a 4 hr marathon in Toledo (he ran 4:45 in Boston, but so did many other sub-3 hr marathoners in that heat). The challenge will be to make the weekly trek to the valley to run hills as I do want to run Boston next year and have my daughter and her college friends cheer me on at mile 23-4!

One last thing if anyone reads this, please say a prayer for our friends in Toronto. Her brother went down in a single engine plane yesterday somewhere in NW Ontario and they have yet to find the plane or her brother. All we can hope for is that he survived, but as of yet, no one knows. Keep them in your prayers - thanks.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Wed May 09, 2012 10:55 am

Just prayed for your friends and that they could find her brother soon. There is just so much pain in this world.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  wheakory Thu May 10, 2012 6:18 pm

God Bless your friend may the angel of God put a hedge of protection around their bodies. I will audience this at my church during prayer meeting. God hears prayers and knows those that have faith in him.
wheakory
wheakory
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Wed May 16, 2012 9:34 am

Unfortunately the news about my friend's brother was not good. They found the plane and his body late on Thursday. Tough time for them, but their faith will help them through. The hardest part is that her husband flies his own private plane around Canada as well, and I know that will be tough for the next few months for the family.

On a happier front, my husband and I travelled to Boston this past weekend to attend the Bat Mitzvah of my college roommate's daughter. Very impressive ceremony and a very cool party spent with lots of college friends. It was nice to see her parents as well, and her Mom volunteered to watch over Shannon in Boston too, so now she will have three grandmothers looking out for her. I'm betting she chooses Mrs. K once in a while when she is craving "passover" food, and we are not even Jewish! (Just have lots of Jewish friends over the years). I was able to get in two very fun and comfortable runs on Friday and Saturday while in Boston along the Esplanade (Charles River). Since we were staying right at the corner of Boyleston and Exeter, I also crossed the marathon finish line (again) and it felt awesome to do it after only 10K in 55F weather!

Mileage is creeping back up, but I know the next couple of weeks will be tough with graduation and moving. I hope to get in 40+ this week, but after that will be a bit of a crap shoot. My daughter's last day of high school is Friday and then graduations begin with a party Friday night, a ceremony of a close family friend's daughter on Saturday, parties on Sunday, etc., etc., culminating in my daughter's graduation next Saturday. To top it off, we did very well last weekend with the "Estate" sale and I pretty much have no furniture any more. We are sitting on old beanbag chairs to watch TV in the family room. Feels a lot like when I graduated from college and had my first place. I believe I had the same stereo then too. Wink

Last edited by Michele "1L" Keane on Wed May 16, 2012 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Wed May 16, 2012 10:58 am

Wait, shouldn't the temperature be climbing 30 degrees in one month during the spring, not dropping?! Nice to have had some "revenge" on the course recently. It's great that your daughter is going to have such a good support system out there. Have fun the next couple weeks!
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Wed May 16, 2012 11:34 am

A good purge feels good, doesn't it? When we moved back to the Pacific Northwest from SoCal several years ago, we rented a dumpster to haul away stuff we didn't use/need/want to pack. We filled it THREE TIMES. And I don't think we've missed a single thing we tossed out. Approval

I must have missed this earlier on, but why are you moving to Cleveland again?

Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  KathyK Wed May 16, 2012 12:43 pm

So sorry to hear about your friend's brother. I'll keep the family in my prayers.

You do have a lot going on! Lot's of milestones and life changes for your whole family! I know that you'll feel better knowing that your daughter has a good support network when she goes to school. I think my daughter chose to go to a school where I didn't have any contacts on purpose. She decided against going to any of the UNC system schools. In hindsight, I wonder if it is because I am well-connected at all 16 of those schools!

Glad your recovery is coming along well, and I hope all goes smoothly for you in the upcoming weeks!
KathyK
KathyK
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Wed May 16, 2012 2:40 pm

Mark B wrote:A good purge feels good, doesn't it? When we moved back to the Pacific Northwest from SoCal several years ago, we rented a dumpster to haul away stuff we didn't use/need/want to pack. We filled it THREE TIMES. And I don't think we've missed a single thing we tossed out. Approval

I must have missed this earlier on, but why are you moving to Cleveland again?

Job change for my husband as the CEO decided to re-centralize. Of course, it means I get to miss the living in southern CA years. Oh well!!
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  wheakory Wed May 16, 2012 6:04 pm

Glad the house move is going good and sounds like your ready for the move. I'll continue to remember the loss that you've suffered. Faith does get us through a lot of times in our life. Sometimes its a struggle to keep faith in our lives, but it does always make us stronger and spiritually closer to God.

Glad to see you getting some runs in at Boston. I bet that was fun crossing the Boston finish line. You can say you've never felt so fresh. :-)
wheakory
wheakory
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Kubacki Thu May 17, 2012 7:28 am

Sorry to hear about your friend. When you were in Boston I'll bet the Esplanade was packed on Saturday when you ran. It was a great weekend weather wise.
Alex Kubacki
Alex Kubacki
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom H Thu May 17, 2012 5:46 pm

Hey Michele, where in the Cleveland area will you be living? East, West or South (wasn't it South before?)?
Tom H
Tom H
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next