365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is how I spent my Memorial Day weekend...

+7
Michele "1L" Keane
Ben Z
Dave-O
Bob
Kenny B.
Jerry
Nick Morris
11 posters

Go down

This is how I spent my Memorial Day weekend... Empty This is how I spent my Memorial Day weekend...

Post  Nick Morris Sat May 26, 2012 8:07 pm

Sooooo much fun!!!

Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

This is how I spent my Memorial Day weekend... Empty Re: This is how I spent my Memorial Day weekend...

Post  Jerry Sat May 26, 2012 8:19 pm

Nick Morris wrote:Sooooo much fun!!!

Looks lots of fun.

What is the pace? lol!
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

This is how I spent my Memorial Day weekend... Empty Re: This is how I spent my Memorial Day weekend...

Post  Nick Morris Sun May 27, 2012 6:23 am

Jerry wrote:

Looks lots of fun.

What is the pace? lol!

120mph Laughing
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Sun May 27, 2012 8:16 pm

crazy!!! The landing looked real smooth. Great diver you went with! Nice job!
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Sun May 27, 2012 9:47 pm

Sweet! This is on my list.
Bob
Bob
Lord Bobby
Lord Bobby

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Mon May 28, 2012 8:25 am

Bob wrote:Sweet! This is on my list.

All I can say is that it was awesome and you should definitely do it!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave-O Tue May 29, 2012 3:47 pm

How many more tandem jumps until you can fly solo?

Cool
Dave-O
Dave-O

http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Ben Z Tue May 29, 2012 5:43 pm

Nice!

I went skydiving a couple of years ago and while I didn't really love the freefall I thought the parachuting (is that a word?) once he pulled the 'chute was a lot of fun.

Bungee jumping is even better IMO. If you ever get the chance to do a really high bungee jump I HIGHLY recommend it.
Ben Z
Ben Z
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave-O Tue May 29, 2012 6:03 pm

Ben Z wrote:
Bungee jumping is even better IMO. If you ever get the chance to do a really high bungee jump I HIGHLY recommend it.

See I was much more terrified bungee jumping. Something about seeing the ground so close freaked me out.

Skydiving, especially once you hit top seed and stop accelerating, felt like flying.
Dave-O
Dave-O

http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Ben Z Tue May 29, 2012 6:34 pm

I think I need to go skydiving again because it was too much of a blur for me. I remember just hyperventilating the whole time and didn't seem like I got to enjoy it.

But when I bungee-jumped I had plenty of time to take it all in and remember the feeling of falling very well. It was terrifying as hell but what an adrenaline rush. I was on a high for the rest of the day after that. Fond memories bungee jumping 134m in New Zealand, fond memories.
Ben Z
Ben Z
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed May 30, 2012 8:58 am

Bungee jumping is the next extreme thing that I want to do. I want to do something off of a bridge into water or something like that. I was not nervous at all about jumping out of a plane, but I think I may have some nerves when I get to the top of the platform and have to make that leap all by myself. It's all a mental thing and I think that I can overcome it.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Wed May 30, 2012 10:12 am

Cool, but the closest I'll ever get to skydiving or bungee jumping (which in my opinion is simply insane) is para sailing and hang gliding and both of them were easy and fun.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Wed May 30, 2012 10:44 am

Ben Z wrote:
I went skydiving a couple of years ago and while I didn't really love the freefall I thought the parachuting (is that a word?) once he pulled the 'chute was a lot of fun.

I think I need to go skydiving again because it was too much of a blur for me. I remember just hyperventilating the whole time and didn't seem like I got to enjoy it.

Done it 3x and have the same opinion. Hard to breathe, super intense, and over way too fast.
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  fostever Wed May 30, 2012 10:55 am

Cool! Looks like quite a compromising position to be in. LOL
fostever
fostever
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Wed May 30, 2012 12:24 pm

Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  mountandog Wed May 30, 2012 10:27 pm

Did this 20 yrs ago. The rush lasted 3 days. Always wanted to do it again but my wife's comments when I told her always remained with me. "Come home safe or dead, I'm not taking care of a cripple". So I never did it again. But I agree - the adrenaline high is unreal, and I'm terrified of heights. I think this was what sex and drugs were supposed to be like.

Glad y.ou had fun
mountandog
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Thu May 31, 2012 9:47 am

mountandog wrote: "Come home safe or dead, I'm not taking care of a cripple". So I never did it again.

I'm with her! and make sure that the life insurance is paid up.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu May 31, 2012 12:42 pm

Michele "1L" Keane wrote:
mountandog wrote: "Come home safe or dead, I'm not taking care of a cripple". So I never did it again.

I'm with her! and make sure that the life insurance is paid up.

HAHA...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim C Thu May 31, 2012 3:55 pm

I did this 3 years ago with the wife and both sons, a week before my first marathon. 2 big bucket list items in 8 days!

I'm terrified of heights and no one in my family could believe I did it. I didn't even tell anyone I was going to because I was sure I'd bail at the last minute. To this day, the single most exhilerating thing I've ever done. But i agree, it's over way too fast, especially the free fall. No sensation of falling, just real loud and real fast.....

I would never bungee jump though.
Tim C
Tim C
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down