365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Welcome Thread: Both old and new

+80
Barry W
jkane1977
EugeneGreenie
cdyow
arnelgonce
wrichman
KBFitz
Ken Cushing
pattyspangs
dkleeman
Traveller
Lauren
kath
Max M
John S
Kevin C
pigoo
nkrichards
Ed
mcm92002
Jack_Scaff
runkenny
amyjoann
Kevin L
MartinD
mountandog
Tim M
Caleb
MichiganBrian
Chris M
Tim C
charles.moman
Dave Bussard
sir digby
Paula Sue
ounce
grennifer
dot520
Colleen
Jerry
gvey
Stephanie
John Kilpatrick
healdgator
stanton
Alex Kubacki
Diego
Penelope
Bob
Vivian
fostever
Pete B
Jim Lentz
Mark B
T Miller
Liz R
jdholland
Jeff F
Don S
jon c
Matt W
JohnP
ChasMcG
Glenn
wendy_miller
Sara Jane
Michele "1L" Keane
Peg Coover
Tom H
Kenny B.
Seth Harrison
Admin
Mike MacLellan
Mrs. Schuey
Nick Morris
Julie
Schuey
Natalie
Dave-O
84 posters

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

The Welcome Thread: Both old and new - Page 6 Empty Re: The Welcome Thread: Both old and new

Post  Kevin L Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:13 pm

I'm Kevin from NJ. I met Kenny B. on Dailymile and eventually succumbed to his begging me to sign up here (based on a true story). I'm not at all a competitive runner - however I do have several goals in running, both in short-term and long-term. It's my desire to collect some of those 100 miler belt buckles later down the road, while I'm working on BQ as well in the near future. But above all, I love all things running ; and I wish to meet people with a similar mindset. I don't have a glorious running resume like many of you, but I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys and sharing with you.

Last edited by Kevin L on Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kevin L
Kevin L

http://sweatengine.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

The Welcome Thread: Both old and new - Page 6 Empty Re: The Welcome Thread: Both old and new

Post  Schuey Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:17 pm

Hey Kevin welcome and I'm sorry that you had to get bugged by Kenny! Yes we all love him here. Best of luck on getting that BQ. Boston is a great race and one of my favorite marathons that I run every year. One thing we both have in common is I'm getting ready to embark on my quest to get some of those 100 mile buckles myself.

Look forward to getting to know you and hope to see you in Boston soon!
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:16 pm

Welcome Martin!! So what do we get for referrals????Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:06 pm

Hey kevin welcome to the boards. you under sold yourself. Your a high mileage guy with some great goals ahead. You will be a great asset to these boards and will in return get great advice motivation tips etc.

If you beg they shall come!
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:10 pm

Brian welcome see you in, philly.

Martin d. Glad to see you made it this way.

Two great additions.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim M Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:51 pm

mountandog wrote:
I live in a suburb of Detroit, am an avid UM fan (wife, eldest son graduated from there, and number 2 daughter is currently enrolled).

I grew up in the western suburbs of Detroit (Livonia, Farmington, Novi, & Northville). Then I got smart and moved to Denver. It is much nicer out here, but unfortunately, the state is now closed to people wanting to relocate. I think Brian Steers took one of the last spots. I think there is a wait-list for people wanting to move here - first someone has to move out or die. Very Happy

My good niece goes to UM, my bad niece goes to MSU. For some reason, my nephew went to Kettering (Flint = Yuck!)

Anyway, welcome to 365.
Tim M
Tim M
Poster
Poster

http://runhappyrunmore.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  MartinD Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:13 pm

Thanks for the welcome, guys - hope that I have as much fun here as I did in my time on the V-Boards.
MartinD
MartinD

Back to top Go down

The Welcome Thread: Both old and new - Page 6 Empty getting to know me

Post  amyjoann Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:02 pm

Hi everyone!
I'm glad to see some familiar faces around here I was wondering about that ........... Any way I'm 44 happily married have two daughters and I started running 4 years ago. I quit smoking when I turned 40 and always used the fact that I smoked as my excuse not to run,I secretly admired runners even though I made fun of everything they did. Now I'm that crazy person running all over town and I couldn't be happier. I'm a very different person than I was when I smoked and I really love seeing all the changes and evolving. I have lots of running goals of course I want to get faster and all that. But the most awesome times are sharing my running with my girls . I never ran, before couldn't finish one mile on the treadmill before 40 .Now I've run 6 full marathons lots of halfs and other distances.The best thing is when my 22 year old and I are running together it's not always pretty lots of times we yell at each other but I never ever thought in my life we would share this together it's awesome and I cherish every run we have together. We are working on brining the 18 year in on this as well . Shes running too it's great I love it and I'm really glad I found this forum Very Happy
amyjoann
amyjoann
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:12 pm

Amy - wow great to see how running has helped change your life as it has for many of us including myself. Welcome sit back and relax...after you run.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  runkenny Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:37 am

Hi everyone. My name is Kenny and I saw Dave-O's shameless plug on the RWOL forums and decided to check it out. I've been running off and on for most of my life but have been running marathons since 2007. I am currently training for a half in October and hoping to roll that training over into a PR in the marathon in the winter.
runkenny
runkenny

https://www.facebook.com/runkenny

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:40 am

runkenny wrote:Hi everyone. My name is Kenny and I saw Dave-O's shameless plug on the RWOL forums and decided to check it out. I've been running off and on for most of my life but have been running marathons since 2007. I am currently training for a half in October and hoping to roll that training over into a PR in the marathon in the winter.

RunKenny - I am running? Oh thought you were talking to me...

Welcome to the boards and hope to see you running more on than off and letting us know about it. The blog area is a great way to share your training runs and get some great motivation, etc.

If not sit back relax and enjoy the show. And don't forget to run.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:54 am

Hi Amy and Kenny (and anyone else I may have missed!)

Welcome to 365Runners! If you can't tell, we like to run (and talk about it!). Make yourselves at home here and jump in anywhere you like. We are a friendly bunch!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:13 am

Mr MattM wrote:Hi Amy and Kenny (and anyone else I may have missed!)

Welcome to 365Runners! If you can't tell, we like to run (and talk about it!). Make yourselves at home here and jump in anywhere you like. We are a friendly bunch!

We like to talk about it on here because no one else will listen. bounce
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:16 am

Wow, more crazies - welcome all! Please join in as we are definitely having fun around here - even the fast guys.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:22 pm

runkenny wrote:Hi everyone. My name is Kenny and I saw Dave-O's shameless plug on the RWOL forums and decided to check it out. I've been running off and on for most of my life but have been running marathons since 2007. I am currently training for a half in October and hoping to roll that training over into a PR in the marathon in the winter.

Hey, Kenny... I just noticed you're in Loxley. I'm a Mobile boy... living in KC... headed your way next week (but going on over to Destin). Just thought I'd give you a shout out! Love the Gulf Coast...

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave-O Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:21 pm

Amy - Welcome! The thought of you and your daughter yelling at each other during a run is a great one! Ha.

My shameless plug worked! Hi Kenny, welcome aboard. While we'll never have the numbers of a RWOL here, its a fun group that hopefully continues to grow.
Dave-O
Dave-O

http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:19 pm

Welcome Amy and Kenny glad to see you join the club of crazies around. Look forward to getting to know you, talking running and having some laughs along the way!
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

The Welcome Thread: Both old and new - Page 6 Empty Guess who's back

Post  Jack_Scaff Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:41 pm

Not-so-slim-Jackie, that's who.

For those fortunate enough to have not met me or hear my big mouth, I'm Jack.

I live in the greater bay area, have run 13 marathons, PR of 3:53:5x, am soon to be 43 and am getting slower.

I run to live (read: eat and drink) not live to run.

I'm a shill for my dad, who is a cardiologist in Hawaii that has coached couch potatos like me to run a marathon through the Honolulu Marathon Clinic. He has a rewrite of his book due out very soon, Your First Marathon.

Married, 2 kids, and now an old cat that has Kitty AIDS or whatever from a buddy that moved to England. The wife has also run a couple of marathons.
Jack_Scaff
Jack_Scaff
Poster
Poster

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Concord&st

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:24 pm

Hey Jack - good to see you here!
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack_Scaff Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:32 am

Michele "1L" Keane wrote:Hey Jack - good to see you here!

Thanks "1-L". Good to be here.
Jack_Scaff
Jack_Scaff
Poster
Poster

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Concord&st

Back to top Go down

Post  Glenn Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:55 am

Jack_Scaff wrote:

"an old cat that has Kitty AIDS or whatever from a buddy that moved to England."

This can be read many way, ..... and I think I'll go with the least disturbing interpretation.
Glenn
Glenn
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  mcm92002 Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:09 pm

Hello,

My name is Michelle, and I live in Cleveland. I was mainly a longtime lurker on Hal's forums, and I am glad I found these boards. Thanks to all who set them up.

I have been running since 2003 when I ran my first marathon. I am very slow, but I have a lot of fun running. My first race at Marine Corps was 5:25. The second was 5:26. The third was 5:00:51, just missing the elusive 5 hour mark by 52 seconds. Back in 2009, I was trying to break 5 hours again, but was planning on running Akron for a change of scenery. I got injured half way through the training cycle, and ended up running in 5:16.

I have taken a break from marathoning for 2 years, and gotten my half marathon time down to 2:15. I am listening more to the advice you all gave me two years ago - I was running too fast in my training runs. I have spent the winter and spring building a decent base, and I am 10 weeks into a marathon training cycle for a small marathon in NH on October 2nd. It is called the Rockfest marathon and half marathon. Once again, I hope to break 5 hours!

mcm92002

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:56 pm

Good to see you found us, Michelle! I,too, will be a Michele from Cleveland again in a few months. We are being transferred back there (we lived there in 2003-2006) and my hsuband is a native. If I remember correctly, you might be on the East side, and we will be in Bay, but we can always meet up. I'm sure I'll re-connect with the Second Sole group in River again.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  mcm92002 Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:47 pm

Michele "1L" Keane wrote:Good to see you found us, Michelle! I,too, will be a Michele from Cleveland again in a few months. We are being transferred back there (we lived there in 2003-2006) and my hsuband is a native. If I remember correctly, you might be on the East side, and we will be in Bay, but we can always meet up. I'm sure I'll re-connect with the Second Sole group in River again.

Wow, Michele, you have a good memory. I do live on the East side, but do many of my long runs south of the city, either in the Cuyahoga National Park on the towpath, or in Brecksville reservation. Welcome back to Cleveland!

mcm92002

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave-O Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:24 pm

Welcome to 365 Michelle! With a recent 2:15 half, I like your odds at breaking through the 5-hour barrier.
Dave-O
Dave-O

http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next