365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MCM Registration - Odds that it will go off without a hitch?

+2
mountandog
Michael Enright
6 posters

Go down

MCM Registration - Odds that it will go off without a hitch? Empty MCM Registration - Odds that it will go off without a hitch?

Post  Michael Enright Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:41 am

Planning to try and register for MCM with my buddy Steve. It opens (and undoubtedly will close) on 3/27.

After last year, and given what happened in Chicago this year, what are the chances they don't have a complete cluster****?

Good thing is, there are a lot of Plan B options...
Michael Enright
Michael Enright
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

MCM Registration - Odds that it will go off without a hitch? Empty Re: MCM Registration - Odds that it will go off without a hitch?

Post  Michael Enright Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:39 pm

Looks like no dice on MCM, except on a charity basis.

Got through to the sign up page a couple of times, but it always failed in the end.

Now, just plenty of error messages. Based on when it shut me down completely, I'm thinking they sold 30,000 spots in about 35 minutes.

I'll be interested to hear how it went when they issue a press release.
Michael Enright
Michael Enright
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

MCM Registration - Odds that it will go off without a hitch? Empty Re: MCM Registration - Odds that it will go off without a hitch?

Post  Michael Enright Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:15 pm

Fortunately, I had the good sense to never give up, just like the Marines.

Despite what looked like a complete flop, I kept trying, and got myself and my buddy signed up successfully (I think - I was able to print confirmation pages with the confirmation numbers on them).

I'll believe it when I see an email from MCM.

Yay! (provisionally)
Michael Enright
Michael Enright
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  mountandog Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:41 pm

good for you. signing up for these marathons is becomming more of a pain than anything. you'll enjoy mcm. it's where i had my maiden voyage.
mountandog
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Enright Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:54 pm

mountandog wrote:good for you. signing up for these marathons is becomming more of a pain than anything. you'll enjoy mcm. it's where i had my maiden voyage.

Thanks, I've heard some really good things about it (including here, in particular).

My email came. We are confirmed!
Michael Enright
Michael Enright
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:40 pm

Michael Enright wrote:
mountandog wrote:good for you. signing up for these marathons is becomming more of a pain than anything. you'll enjoy mcm. it's where i had my maiden voyage.

Thanks, I've heard some really good things about it (including here, in particular).

And it's where I ran my PR! The course hasn't changed much since then (1987) either, and it was a good one except for the last 1/4 mile.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Enright Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:50 pm

Michele "1L" Keane wrote:
Michael Enright wrote:

And it's where I ran my PR! The course hasn't changed much since then (1987) either, and it was a good one except for the last 1/4 mile.

Thanks Michele!

Yes, I've heard about that hill - maybe if Marines run behind me with fixed bayonets at about that point, I'll finish without slowing down...
Michael Enright
Michael Enright
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:02 pm

Glad you got in. I've heard it's a good one. All these registration problems are making me fall more and more in love with the small marathons.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  mountandog Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:15 pm

Michael Enright wrote:
Michael Enright wrote:

Thanks Michele!

Yes, I've heard about that hill - maybe if Marines run behind me with fixed bayonets at about that point, I'll finish without slowing down...

Oh - you'll slow down. No choice. It's devious. It was for me especially as a first timer.
mountandog
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Enright Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:56 pm

Julie wrote:Glad you got in. I've heard it's a good one. All these registration problems are making me fall more and more in love with the small marathons.

I like the smaller ones myself. My friend wanted to run another big one, so I'm going along for the ride. Only big race I've run is Chicago, and the magnitude does add some excitement. I am looking forward to it. But after this one, I expect will be back to smaller ones.
Michael Enright
Michael Enright
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Enright Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:57 pm

mountandog wrote:
Michael Enright wrote:
Michael Enright wrote:

Thanks Michele!

Oh - you'll slow down. No choice. It's devious. It was for me especially as a first timer.

I've run a few hilly marathons, so I think I know what to expect. But that doesn't mean I'll like it! Very Happy
Michael Enright
Michael Enright
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:50 am

Michael Enright wrote:
mountandog wrote:
Michael Enright wrote:
Michael Enright wrote:

Thanks Michele!

I've run a few hilly marathons, so I think I know what to expect. But that doesn't mean I'll like it! Very Happy

The course itself isn't hilly - just the last climb which just plain sucks. I think the Marines put it there on purpose!
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Enright Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:16 am

Michael Enright wrote:
mountandog wrote:
Michael Enright wrote:
Michael Enright wrote:

Thanks Michele!

The course itself isn't hilly - just the last climb which just plain sucks. I think the Marines put it there on purpose!

The 2012 elevation map indicates two hills in the first 8 or 9 miles, neither looks to be a big deal. And then the one at the end, which I've heard about. Thanks!
Michael Enright
Michael Enright
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  KBFitz Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:42 pm

Michael Enright wrote:The 2012 elevation map indicates two hills in the first 8 or 9 miles, neither looks to be a big deal. And then the one at the end, which I've heard about. Thanks!
It's a decent course if you know what's coming.
We'll make sure you have the inside scoop.MCM Registration - Odds that it will go off without a hitch? Mcm_ru10
KBFitz
KBFitz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris M Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:13 pm

KBFitz wrote:
Michael Enright wrote:The 2012 elevation map indicates two hills in the first 8 or 9 miles, neither looks to be a big deal. And then the one at the end, which I've heard about. Thanks!
It's a decent course if you know what's coming.
We'll make sure you have the inside scoop.MCM Registration - Odds that it will go off without a hitch? Mcm_ru10
I've run it 4 total times. Like Kevin said, I think its an excellent course to run a good time on if you approach it right and follow some basic tips like how to line up at the start and how to pace miles 1-8. As it gets closer, make sure you get the download from people like Kevin and myself who have been out there a lot.
Chris M
Chris M
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Enright Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:38 am

Kevin & Chris, thanks! I will be looking for all of that information, and probably more Very Happy come October.
Michael Enright
Michael Enright
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down