365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beat the Heat

3 posters

Go down

Beat the Heat Empty Beat the Heat

Post  nkrichards Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:59 pm

This was a fun run!  I entered the 10K which is part of a local series but I ran it as a training run.  Time 54:47 on a hilly fun course.

But the fun part was my oldest granddaughter, Emma (age 9) won the 5K.  Most of the runners entered the 10K and the turnout was light as it conflicted with the Cascade Lakes Relay but we were still proud of her.  We've been working on teaching her to jog rather than sprint/walk.  She did much better.

Even more fun...my youngest grandson, Owen (age 11 months) completed his first 10K...in a stroller. 

Both my sons and one daughter-in-law joined me in the 10K.  The other daughter-in-law ran with Emma in the 5K.  My husband pushed the remaining two granddaughters on the swings. Very Happy 

It was a fun relaxing morning after a couple very hectic weeks on the farm.
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Beat the Heat Empty Re: Beat the Heat

Post  Mark B Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:21 pm

Very nice! Sounds like a great event.

Congrats to your little speedster!
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:24 am

Sounds like a fun family affair.  Congrats to you all!!
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down