365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Want to run NY for charity?

2 posters

Go down

Want to run NY for charity? Empty Want to run NY for charity?

Post  Seth Harrison Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:01 pm

Hi everyone, I have an offer for one runner who would like to run the NYC Marathon this year. A close friend of mine is involved with the CJ Foundation for SIDS (see link below). The foundation is raising money this year at NY, and there is one bib available for a runner who would like to run. This couldn't be easier. My friend is covering the entry fee and taking care of all the fundraising. He and the chairman of the foundation called me asking if I'd like to use the bib. Unfortunately, I'm in no position right now to run a marathon (many of you all know about my bad knee, and throw a fractured and dislocated shoulder due to a bike crash...it wasn't an option for me). They asked if I could find someone on short notice. I told them that I'd throw it out there to runners I know. If you're interested, I'd ask that you get in touch with me ASAP. Please email me directly at sharriso@Lohud.com.
Thanks very much, and here's the link to the CJ Foundation for SIDS

http://www.cjsids.org/

Seth
Seth Harrison
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Want to run NY for charity? Empty Re: Want to run NY for charity?

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:21 pm

Too bad I'm running Indy the day before since I love the NYC marathon and last year was cancelled.  Great offer though and nice to hear from you Seth.  Hope you are healing well.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Harrison Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:45 pm

Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:Too bad I'm running Indy the day before since I love the NYC marathon and last year was cancelled.  Great offer though and nice to hear from you Seth.  Hope you are healing well.
Thanks Michele...the shoulder, which I injured six weeks ago, is taking a very long time to heal. Probably the most painful injury I've ever sustained.

As for the NYC Marathon bib, Dave Wolfe responded to my Facebook query, and it looks like he'll be using it.
Seth Harrison
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down