365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Those Who Run With Music

+6
healdgator
Glenn
charles
Nick Morris
Tim M
BigDogMom
10 posters

Go down

For Those Who Run With Music Empty For Those Who Run With Music

Post  BigDogMom Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:15 am

I found this great website called http://jog.fm/ You put in the pace you want to run and it suggests music for that pace by beats per minute! You can buy the music right there through itunes or do what I did....create a playlist (or 5!) from music you already own. It was fun and I can't wait to run to my new lists today! Very Happy
BigDogMom
BigDogMom

Back to top Go down

For Those Who Run With Music Empty Re: For Those Who Run With Music

Post  Tim M Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:32 am

Run with music? Back in my day we didn't run with music. We just ran with bad shoes and jock straps. When those tiny tape players came out, they were meant for walking with, not running with. If they wanted them to be for running, they would not have called them WALKmans. They would have called them runman. All you need to run to is the sound of your breathing, your shoes hitting the pavement, and the honks and shouts of drivers telling you to get out of the way.

But thanks for the link, I'll have to check that out.
Tim M
Tim M
Poster
Poster

http://runhappyrunmore.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:58 am

Tim M wrote:Run with music? Back in my day we didn't run with music. We just ran with bad shoes and jock straps. When those tiny tape players came out, they were meant for walking with, not running with. If they wanted them to be for running, they would not have called them WALKmans. They would have called them runman. All you need to run to is the sound of your breathing, your shoes hitting the pavement, and the honks and shouts of drivers telling you to get out of the way.

Back in your day did they even have cars to honk at you?? Wink
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim M Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:04 am

Nick Morris wrote:
Tim M wrote:Run with music? Back in my day we didn't run with music. We just ran with bad shoes and jock straps. When those tiny tape players came out, they were meant for walking with, not running with. If they wanted them to be for running, they would not have called them WALKmans. They would have called them runman. All you need to run to is the sound of your breathing, your shoes hitting the pavement, and the honks and shouts of drivers telling you to get out of the way.

Yes, we had cars. You didn't want to honk too much because it scared the horses.

Flash back to 1980 and the updated Walkman complete with the battery case for long runs.

For Those Who Run With Music 220px-Sony_Walkman_WM-2
Tim M
Tim M
Poster
Poster

http://runhappyrunmore.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:11 am

Tim M wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:

Yes, we had cars. You didn't want to honk too much because it scared the horses.

Flash back to 1980 and the updated Walkman complete with the battery case for long runs.

I remember my first Walkman...I thought that it was sooo cool.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  charles Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:12 am

Tim M wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:

I remember those - I had one in 1980.
charles
charles
Poster
Poster

http://www.memphis-defense.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glenn Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:06 am

Tim - I remember you from SNL.
Glenn
Glenn
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  healdgator Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:11 am

Laughing
healdgator
healdgator
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:03 pm

BigDogMom wrote:I found this great website called http://jog.fm/ You put in the pace you want to run and it suggests music for that pace by beats per minute! You can buy the music right there through itunes or do what I did....create a playlist (or 5!) from music you already own. It was fun and I can't wait to run to my new lists today! Very Happy

This is really cool! Thanks a lot for posting this, I'll use it! bounce bounce See you Sunday!
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:14 pm

Nick Morris wrote:
Tim M wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:

I remember my first Walkman...I thought that it was sooo cool.

Why I never adapted to running with music!
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  charles Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:19 pm

Michele "1L" Keane wrote:

Why I never adapted to running with music!

+1

I am waiting for a running w/ Ipod or run without music FLAME WAR to erupt any minute now! cherry
charles
charles
Poster
Poster

http://www.memphis-defense.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:28 pm

Okay, this is really freaking cool, and I never use music when I run... Except when I'm confined to the treadmill, which is maybe 5x/year.

I just hope it works. Going to have to do a treadmill run next time I go to the gym just to test it out.
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:37 pm

I listen to music during the all the time, but don't care what's in there. I can tempo on Yesterday Once More.

I know, pure talent. lol!
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down