365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are not elites, but we are also not the norm. Who are we?

+16
Liz R
John Kilpatrick
Diego
Schuey
Mark B
Jack_Scaff
Dave-O
Mike MacLellan
Admin
Jerry
stanton
Julie
Stephanie
ChasMcG
Nick Morris
Kenny B.
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

We are not elites, but we are also not the norm. Who are we? - Page 2 Empty Re: We are not elites, but we are also not the norm. Who are we?

Post  Nick Morris Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:17 pm

John Kilpatrick wrote:Thanks for the topic Kenny and thanks for the sentiment, Nick. I agree with everything you said.

Stephanie - I am a newbie as well and appreciate the opportunity to learn from everyone - you included! I also agree with Nick that I look up to everyone here - a lot. I don't know and probably can't pronounce the names of many of the elites - my elites are the Jims, Michaels, Gobbles, Schueys, Mikes, Kenny’s, Matts,
Randys, Marks, Toms, Seths, Julies, Micheles, Gregs, Nicks, Chris’, Natalies, Lisas, etc. of the world. I feel very lucky to have this group of folks to lean on.

I don't know if this is true, but being what the world calls an elite is probably determined in large part by genetics. Being what I consider elite is the heart that people put into what they are doing. Dave breaking 2:30 would be an incredible feat - not because it would impress any Kenyans, but because we all can see how hard he is working towards the goal. Same for a bunch of others here. I'm proud to be a part...

We are not elites, but we are also not the norm. Who are we? - Page 2 424776184 We are not elites, but we are also not the norm. Who are we? - Page 2 424776184 We are not elites, but we are also not the norm. Who are we? - Page 2 424776184
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

We are not elites, but we are also not the norm. Who are we? - Page 2 Empty Re: We are not elites, but we are also not the norm. Who are we?

Post  Mrs. Schuey Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:38 pm

Nick Morris wrote:
Kenny B. wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:I think that everyone wants to strive for excellence and be the best runner that they can be. I think that we all are working hard and in my mind we are all elites in our own way. Some of us have families and we still manage to get our runs in. Some of us have stressful jobs, but we still manage to get our runs in. I think it is great the things that we can do, when we really want to. Everyone should be proud of the work that they put in day in and day out.

If you think about the runners on this forum it really is quite amazing. I mean Daily Mile and other forums have great dedicated runners but it seems this place actually helps create them. Don't you think?

Most definitely! I think that the comradery here matches no other site out there.

I agree 100,000,000%! I think that we all learn really cool things from each other and having that support out there makes getting out the door every day a bit easier. bounce bounce
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Kubacki Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:47 am

I know I'd likely be injured and definintely clueless with my training if it wasn't for this site. Plus it's just nice to communicate with others who get the running thing as most everyone I know really could care less.
Alex Kubacki
Alex Kubacki
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:03 am

Alex Kubacki wrote:I know I'd likely be injured and definintely clueless with my training if it wasn't for this site. Plus it's just nice to communicate with others who get the running thing as most everyone I know really could care less.

We are not elites, but we are also not the norm. Who are we? - Page 2 424776184

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2