365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weak Foot Supplement

+5
charles
Nick Morris
Kenny B.
Michele "1L" Keane
Jerry
9 posters

Go down

Weak Foot Supplement Empty Weak Foot Supplement

Post  Jerry Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:41 pm

I have been having minor foot ball pain for quite awhile due to 7 years of running exclusively on concrete. I have changed shoes and tried run on track and grass, which worked well. But as I am into marathon training, it is going to be tough.

I have been taking calcium just in case.

My question is: is there any other supplement or steroid or whatever as long as it is not too expensive I can take to help?
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Weak Foot Supplement Empty Re: Weak Foot Supplement

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:29 pm

Not sure, Jerry about the supplements, but are you sure this is not a neuroma? Have you possibily seen a podiatrist? Just wondering. It could just be a bruise, and then, I'd just use some arnica gel or trameel and apply it before/after runs.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:44 pm

Michele "1L" Keane wrote:Not sure, Jerry about the supplements, but are you sure this is not a neuroma? Have you possibily seen a podiatrist? Just wondering. It could just be a bruise, and then, I'd just use some arnica gel or trameel and apply it before/after runs.

I was going to say that Michele but figured I'd let Jerry figure it out on his own! Twisted Evil
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:00 pm

Michele "1L" Keane wrote:Not sure, Jerry about the supplements, but are you sure this is not a neuroma? Have you possibily seen a podiatrist? Just wondering. It could just be a bruise, and then, I'd just use some arnica gel or trameel and apply it before/after runs.

I agree...go see a podiatrist!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  charles Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:43 pm

Talking off the top of my head . . . Your ankles might be weak and your foot is "flapping" against the concrete. You could try strengthening your ankles and see if that helps. Only a thought . . . your mileage may vary.
charles
charles
Poster
Poster

http://www.memphis-defense.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:44 pm

I know it is the right thing to see a podiatrist, but fear the advice will be stop running, which I know will take care of the problem. Surgery, I am not that crazy. Maybe some shot? affraid
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Pete B Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:46 pm

Jerry wrote:I know it is the right thing to see a podiatrist, but fear the advice will be stop running, which I know will take care of the problem. Surgery, I am not that crazy. Maybe some shot? affraid

In my case; saw the podiatrist, got the shot, getting the orthotics on Friday, ready for the surgury if need be, but the first opening on my dance card is after Chicago, Houston, New Orleans, and a possible London marathon - that's April of next year.
Pete B
Pete B
Poster
Poster

http://www.ahouseinthewoods.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom H Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:15 am

Jerry wrote:I know it is the right thing to see a podiatrist, but fear the advice will be stop running, which I know will take care of the problem. Surgery, I am not that crazy. Maybe some shot? affraid

Jerry, you always have the option to ignore the advice if it is "stop" Very Happy But that being said, I had a similar issue which did turn out to be a neuroma 2 weeks before a marathon, and with two shots it was taken care of, never to return. Get thee to a podiatrist!
Tom H
Tom H
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:39 am

Tom H wrote:

Jerry, you always have the option to ignore the advice if it is "stop" Very Happy But that being said, I had a similar issue which did turn out to be a neuroma 2 weeks before a marathon, and with two shots it was taken care of, never to return. Get thee to a podiatrist!

What type of "shots" did the podiatrist give you? Cortizone??
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:18 am

Nick Morris wrote:
Tom H wrote:

How much does it cost, can I ask? It would all come out of my pocket with my high deductible insurance. affraid
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom H Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:34 am

Jerry wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:
Tom H wrote:

How much does it cost, can I ask? It would all come out of my pocket with my high deductible insurance. affraid

Jerry, this was over a year ago and I don't remember the name of the med. The shot was not cortisone, but an NSAID of some sort and it worked within a day or so. Ran on it the next few days and went back to the doc who found some residual swelling, second shot, and I ran a marathon 2 days later. Mine was covered by insurance so I don't know how much it was, but being an NSAID I can't imagine that it was outrageous.
Tom H
Tom H
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:40 am

Tom H wrote:
Jerry wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:
Tom H wrote:

Jerry, this was over a year ago and I don't remember the name of the med. The shot was not cortisone, but an NSAID of some sort and it worked within a day or so. Ran on it the next few days and went back to the doc who found some residual swelling, second shot, and I ran a marathon 2 days later. Mine was covered by insurance so I don't know how much it was, but being an NSAID I can't imagine that it was outrageous.

Ok, thanks. Let me find time to do just that.
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:51 am

Jerry wrote:
Tom H wrote:
Jerry wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:
Tom H wrote:

Ok, thanks. Let me find time to do just that.

Our podiatrist gives shots of Traumeel. Swear by this stuff! In both the shot form as well as the ointment form.
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave-O Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:53 pm

Video

Eccentric calf raises 3x per week. They will strengthen your feet and ankles.
Dave-O
Dave-O

http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:31 pm

Dave-O wrote:Video

Eccentric calf raises 3x per week. They will strengthen your feet and ankles.

I used to do this. Maybe I need to do it more often.

Thanks Dave!
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down