365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Trails for Two

Page 33 of 33 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 31, 32, 33

Go down

Re: Trails for Two

Post  nkrichards on Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:13 pm

@Mark B wrote:
@ounce wrote:We're having a roller coaster winter, which is really good because we get some cold, real cold, and some 70's.  Yesterday, it was 66 and 2.35" of rain.  Today, it was 46 at midnight and currently 37 and really windy.  Thursday, it's to be 77.  Another front arrives Saturday.

Is it time to go see the alpacas (or was it llamas?) or the pygmy giraffes looking things?  Glad you're back and target bait for cars.

Sort of car bait. We're having a tough time re-establishing a rhythm. We'll get there, though the 24-hour event will probably have to wait for another year.

I'd like the see the llamas (and sometimes alpaca, depending on which way I run) again. But they're far enough away from the house that it'll be the spring before we make it that far.

Midwest weather is nuts. Say what you will about the rainy Pacific Northwest, but at least we've got this huge ocean to our west that moderates the weather.

Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:
@ounce wrote:We're having a roller coaster winter, which is really good because we get some cold, real cold, and some 70's.  Yesterday, it was 66 and 2.35" of rain.  Today, it was 46 at midnight and currently 37 and really windy.  Thursday, it's to be 77.  Another front arrives Saturday.

Is it time to go see the alpacas (or was it llamas?) or the pygmy giraffes looking things?  Glad you're back and target bait for cars.

Winter here in GA has been a lot more like yours, Doug than Mark's.  Lots of weird weather including two bouts with snow that stuck around and a lot of rain.  Cold last week and then 65F today.

We finally got back to below freezing a couple of mornings this week, with sunny, dry weather. It's pretty, but not doing so much for the snowpack. Otherwise, it's been unseasonably warm. I think we've already hit 60, which is very unusual. The $#@& lawn is even starting to grow again. I have a suspicion this is going to become the norm over time. Well, we'll save money on snow tires, at least.

Single digits here the last two nights!  Not sure it ever got above freezing yesterday and if it did it wasn't by much.  Good time to workout indoors...or rest and recover.

We've got bulbs that are coming up and trees that are budding.  Not sure how they'll cope with these temps.  Probably better than me...
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce on Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:04 pm

Highs:
Monday - 42
Tuesday - 52
Wednesday forecast - 73
Thursday forecast - 78
Friday forecast - 73
Saturday forecast - 62

seasonal high - 68
ounce
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B on Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:55 pm

@ounce wrote:Highs:
Monday - 42
Tuesday - 52
Wednesday forecast - 73
Thursday forecast - 78
Friday forecast - 73
Saturday forecast - 62

seasonal high - 68

Ah, Texas.

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B on Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:57 pm

Snowyish run with Alita: 2.39 miles

Weather: Snow-rain-sleet mix. 36° Gear: Topos, pants, long-sleeved T, pullover, jacket, hat, gloves.

We've been looking for motivation to get out there and run, and the weather finally delivered today: Cold, windy with big, fat snowflakes interspersed with rain and ice pellets. Perfect weather for an adventure!

We headed out on route through the neighborhood that took us around the local high school. It wasn't very far, but it's a step up from the "run one mile" trap we'd fallen into when we were attempting the streak. We kept the pace easy, and it was a pretty comfortable effort.

One definite takeaway from this run: Our running jackets have lost even the hint of being water repellent. We had soak through in under 30 minutes. Yes, it was windy and it was raining a lot of the time, but still. We will have to rectify that problem one of these days.

---

Also, I managed to get in lunchtime walks of three miles for four days this week, boosting my total moving distance this week to 14.7 miles. It's nice to start moving again.

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Yesterday at 7:38 pm

@Mark B wrote:Snowyish run with Alita: 2.39 miles

Weather: Snow-rain-sleet mix. 36° Gear: Topos, pants, long-sleeved T, pullover, jacket, hat, gloves.

We've been looking for motivation to get out there and run, and the weather finally delivered today: Cold, windy with big, fat snowflakes interspersed with rain and ice pellets. Perfect weather for an adventure!

We headed out on route through the neighborhood that took us around the local high school. It wasn't very far, but it's a step up from the "run one mile" trap we'd fallen into when we were attempting the streak. We kept the pace easy, and it was a pretty comfortable effort.

One definite takeaway from this run: Our running jackets have lost even the hint of being water repellent. We had soak through in under 30 minutes. Yes, it was windy and it was raining a lot of the time, but still. We will have to rectify that problem one of these days.

---

Also, I managed to get in lunchtime walks of three miles for four days this week, boosting my total moving distance this week to 14.7 miles. It's nice to start moving again.

I would imagine you're pretty happy to get moving again...even if it is cold and snowy.  Stay safe.  And get a new jacket!
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 33 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 31, 32, 33