365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

2017 Another Tri-ing Year

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 2017 Another Tri-ing Year

Post  Michele "1L" Keane on Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:59 pm

So I did complete my target Half IM in Augusta on September 24th, but only Garmin and Strava know for sure - lol (and well everyone else who knows me in the Atlanta tri community).  I was officially a DQ as I took a wrong turn, doubled back, but missed a mat somewhere in my turn around and went over another mat 2x which screwed everything up.  I immediately went to an official as I crossed the finish line, but because I missed the mat, they would not accept my Garmin data which sucks since I would have been 5th in my AG.  Oh well, live and learn and I've lived and learned to find out that I am not the only one that this has happened to on this course or even this year.  They need to better mark the turn if anyone can miss it that easily.  I know that I went to grab a sponge at the water stop (it was in the 80s on the run) and somehow got turned around and realized it when I saw the 5 mile marker again and not the 8 mile marker.  Anyway, since I recovered pretty well (well except for my foot), I have decided to do the IM70.3 North Carolina race on 10/21 just to get some redemption, points, and an official finish. I'm still running the NYC marathon on Nov 5th, but since it was always a race for fun, this is what I have decided to do.  Now I just need to make sure that my foot is fully healed by then.

As for the foot, I twisted it quite badly (proper English?) the Tuesday of the Irma fiasco here in Atlanta.  I was walking my daughter's dang puppy in the drizzle and he pulled one way, and my foot went the other.  Lots of icing, etc., and I made it through the 13.1 (I actually ran 13.4 and the course measure 12.8 for most) as you can see above.  It is still not 100% as I definitely stretch the fascia and I still have a sore spot near the little toe and on the middle side of the foot.  Still icing some, using ibuprofen, Tens and taping when I do run, but I have pretty much only been swimming and cycling for the last month with the exception of a few runs.  I am supposed to do a Ragnar relay on the 13th and 14th of the month, the half IM on the 21st and then NYC.  It gets better everyday.
Michele "1L" Keane
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B on Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:43 pm

Augh! Too bad about the race and the ankle twist. Hope it heals up fast.

Good race picture, though. You look fierce! Very Happy

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce on Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:12 am

Gratz, Miche1e!  Well, the tootsie will heal up, one of these days.  But I can tell that it's not going to hold you back.

I'm not sure that I agree with Mark on you looking fierce in the picture.  I tend to believe that you look dehydrated because you're not sweating a drop.  Well, maybe one drop on your right elbow.

Keep enjoying it.  What breed is your granddog?
ounce
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards on Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:33 pm

I wondered how your tri went.  That's a bummer!  Can't believe you're going to do another this month and then run NY.  You're a busy girl!
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane on Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:09 am

Granddog is a mutt - actually a rescue.  Mom was found with puppies and he was born in captivity - so to speak.  He is a handful at best - probably a cross between a boxer and basset hound/beagle - but a very loving boy.  Not used to having a puppy around and since I work from home, guess who takes care of him - well, if you guessed me, you are indeed right.  He just turned 
6 months o
Michele "1L" Keane
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B on Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:16 am

He's a cute one! And he looks very attentive. Do you think he may be a running partner someday?

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce on Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:23 pm

Yeah, he's a cutie.  You might want to binge watch "The Dog Whisperer."  That will help the boy.
ounce
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane on Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:45 am

Sorry that I've been a bit MIA as of late, and yes, Ounce, both of my teams are indeed out  - so now I'm on the Astros band wagon as anyone who beats the Yankees is just awesome in my book.  I've been MIA because as it turns out that foot I rolled back in September is actually broken.  Yup, a broken 5th Metatarsal bone which is a real annoyance.  I've had to withdrawn from the relay I was to run last weekend, the half IM I was to do this weekend, and the NYC marathon.  It's tough as I have not been injured in a long time, and I would rather be suffering from an injury that resulted from running or biking or swimming - not from rolling my foot walking a rambunctious puppy.  So I'm in an aircast which sucks and I'm limited to biking and some swimming until the 10th of November.  Hopefully, the bone will heal and I won't need surgery and pins.  If it comes to that, I'll be real annoyed.  So here is a little fun photo of my misery:
Michele "1L" Keane
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards on Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:49 am

Well that's a bummer!!!
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B on Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:52 am

Oh, no! Alita broke her fifth metatarsal two summers ago. It healed up just fine, but it was an aggravation healing, for sure.

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce on Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:06 pm

Yeah, that looks like a fun photo.  I guess it's been a while since you've fallen over a boy....dog? Wink
ounce
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane on Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:40 am

@ounce wrote:Yeah, that looks like a fun photo.  I guess it's been a while since you've fallen over a boy....dog? Wink
Yup Laughing
Michele "1L" Keane
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane on Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:22 am

Couldn't run NY, but I did go up and spectate - awesome year for that.  Here's a photo that I took to share (and that is Mary Pat's brother in the forefront).  That made it worth the trip.

Michele "1L" Keane
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim C on Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:50 pm

What an awesome photo!  Nice job.
Tim C
Regular
Regular

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards on Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:08 pm

After seeing that I'm even more disappointed that I forgot to set the DVR to record NY before I headed out of town for my marathon.  Would have loved to watch it!

Looks like you made the best of the weekend even though you didn't get to run.
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce on Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:12 am

Yes, great photo!
ounce
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane on Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:57 pm

Finally cleared to run, and the first day was during a pretty good snowstorm for Atlanta.  I did get in 2 miles on the Indoor track at my health club before the weather got real bad - even swam 1300 yds outside in a snowstorm.  Doc seems to feel I'll be fine for Boston.  Might not to be able to get in the mileage for the first few weeks, but should be able to ramp up.  Of course, got a bit waylaid over the weekend with the snow, but I was able to get in 3 miles on the Indoor track yesterday and 3 more today.  Slowly going to build up and continue swimming and cycling (mostly indoor spin classes) for the next few weeks and then hopefully turn to Boston training in earnest in January.  We will see.   

Meanwhile, here's some snow in Atlanta.  My front door is the one on the right with the wreath.

Michele "1L" Keane
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B on Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:16 pm

That's some pretty impressive snow for Atlanta. Is it safe to say that life in the city has skidded to a halt?

(And congrats on finally being cleared to run!)

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards on Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:38 am

Wow!  That's some snowfall for Atlanta!  And it would have to coincide with your release to return to running.  Knowing you, I'm sure you'll figure out a way to safely return to running and be ready for Boston. Running

Stay safe.
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce on Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:30 pm

Good snow stuff.  I understand Atlanta gets more wintry falling down weather than Houston does.  Ice storms are much, much rarer than snow around here.

For the snow we had, a few days ago, this is a picture coming down one of the tall ramps from one freeway to another.  Cars are buried under the snow.  Everyone in their cars were rescued.

I took the following picture of a guy with snowshoes on along the running loop at Memorial Park.

It melted the next day.
ounce
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top