365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beaver Island Marathon

4 posters

Go down

Beaver Island Marathon Empty Beaver Island Marathon

Post  mountandog Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:48 pm

Three or four of us are thinking about the BIM on Sat, Sept 3rd (Labor Day weekend). Anyone ever run it? Anyone else interested?
mountandog
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Beaver Island Marathon Empty Re: Beaver Island Marathon

Post  Schuey Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:27 pm

mountandog wrote:Three or four of us are thinking about the BIM on Sat, Sept 3rd (Labor Day weekend). Anyone ever run it? Anyone else interested?

No I haven't run it, sound interesting though. So is it off of exit 69 from I-75? Wink
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  mountandog Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:52 pm

No, but my office is off exit 69, Big Beaver -- good one -- most people don't get the connection.

It's an island off of Charlevoix (Just N of Traverse City). You drive there, take a 2 hr ferry across (with or without your car) and then you're on a small island. Marathon is a double loop. Pretty flat. Pretty island. In Lake Michigan.
mountandog
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:25 am

mountandog wrote:No, but my office is off exit 69, Big Beaver -- good one -- most people don't get the connection.

It's an island off of Charlevoix (Just N of Traverse City). You drive there, take a 2 hr ferry across (with or without your car) and then you're on a small island. Marathon is a double loop. Pretty flat. Pretty island. In Lake Michigan.

Haha! I worked at Standard Federal on Big Beaver, right next to Somerset Mall. You're right, most people don't get the reference. It took everything out of me at times not to laugh when I'd tell clients to, "exit at 69 onto Big Beaver Road". Haha! The worst, though, is telling people coming off of Telegraph to take Quarton Road, which is 16 mile road, that turns into Big Beaver, but is Metropolitan Parkway.

Glad to see you over here Michael!

BTW, Charlevoix is REALLY NICE!!!! So, I assume you're doing Bayshore in 2012? SmileSmile
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt W Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:18 am

Schuey wrote:
mountandog wrote:Three or four of us are thinking about the BIM on Sat, Sept 3rd (Labor Day weekend). Anyone ever run it? Anyone else interested?

No I haven't run it, sound interesting though. So is it off of exit 69 from I-75? Wink
Reminds me of this:

Beaver Island Marathon Img_1110

But I don't have anything useful to say about the race.
Matt W
Matt W
Poster
Poster

http://www.redrockrunningcompany.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down