365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Desert Island Marathon who ran this one?

3 posters

Go down

Desert Island Marathon who ran this one? Empty Desert Island Marathon who ran this one?

Post  amyjoann Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:26 pm

Hello everyone I remember someone from our forum has run this marathon who was it? What can I expect as far as hills? Should I dream of a PR or just enjoy a beautiful run? I was hoping for both
amyjoann
amyjoann
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Desert Island Marathon who ran this one? Empty Re: Desert Island Marathon who ran this one?

Post  mountandog Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:15 pm

Ran it with my brother, sister, daughter and good friend.  We all adored the race.  No PR to happen.  No way - too hilly.   Miles 20-25 are consistently uphill and along a busy road - the only lousy part of the course.  The trees were brilliant, the food great, the small bar accross from the finish line was a blast after.  We walked up to a small restaurant after the race and ordered fresh lobsters then came back and got the last bus back to Bar Harbor.  Stay in Bar Harbor for sure.  The Irish Pub in the late evening after the race was a hot spot.

Make no mistake about it, a PR can probably be had if you're in significantly better shape than when you ran your last PR, otherwise enjoy the weekend.  Drink the Blueberry Ale.  Wish I was going with you.  Great place - but I've always been in love with Maine.
mountandog
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Desert Island Marathon who ran this one? Empty Re: Desert Island Marathon who ran this one?

Post  amyjoann Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:20 pm

Thanks for the info I can taste my blueberry beer and lobster right now:D  I can't wait I'm going to enjoy the course and see what the day brings me
amyjoann
amyjoann
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:44 pm

I ran it two years ago, two weeks after the Maine Marathon. I ran it for the experience. Very hilly! Awesome scenery. The middle miles from 7-20 including the carriage roads, Asticou Gardens on the right(can miss them if you are in your own world), and Somes Sound were the most scenic(fall colors) I have ever seen at a race.

Meeting up with someone at the end of the point to point race is a bit difficult because of road closures. Try to figure that part out ahead of time.

Blueberry Ale is good as are Allagash White, Dark, Curieux, Maine Beer Co., and the local Acadia brews.

Pre-race Lobster dinner will hit the spot!!
Diego
Diego
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down