365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely

+25
Glenn
T Miller
Paula Sue
Jerry
Michael Enright
jon c
Randy E
JohnP
Stephanie
Nick Morris
Natalie
Mrs. Schuey
Schuey
Julie
Peg Coover
Alex Kubacki
John Kilpatrick
Mike MacLellan
Penelope
Seth Harrison
Michele "1L" Keane
mul21
Jim Lentz
Tom H
Kenny B.
29 posters

Page 9 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 22  Next

Go down

KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely - Page 9 Empty Re: KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely

Post  Kenny B. Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:57 pm

mul21 wrote:I wish I would have jumped on the scale before I went out for my run. I'm sure I was pretty close to the same weight loss as you in spite of the 64 or so oz. of fluids and 3 Gu during the run.

I think we both needed more fluids. Probably more like 8oz per 2 miles easily if not more.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely - Page 9 Empty Re: KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely

Post  Julie Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:40 pm

yeah sounds like my run last week, I have felt much better at the end of marathons. It's hard to drink that much, though, especially if you had tummy troubles on top of everything else.

Hey you got it done and you know you are continuing to improve yourself overall all the time, hopefully the weather gets nicer for most of the rest of your long runs.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:53 pm

Julie wrote:yeah sounds like my run last week, I have felt much better at the end of marathons. It's hard to drink that much, though, especially if you had tummy troubles on top of everything else.

Hey you got it done and you know you are continuing to improve yourself overall all the time, hopefully the weather gets nicer for most of the rest of your long runs.

Thanks! It would be nice to catch some cool weather. It is coming soon I hope!
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:58 pm

Kenny B. wrote:
mul21 wrote:I wish I would have jumped on the scale before I went out for my run. I'm sure I was pretty close to the same weight loss as you in spite of the 64 or so oz. of fluids and 3 Gu during the run.

I think we both needed more fluids. Probably more like 8oz per 2 miles easily if not more.

Do you guys always sweat this much or was it just due to the conditions on this one day?
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:02 pm

Nick Morris wrote:
Kenny B. wrote:

Do you guys always sweat this much or was it just due to the conditions on this one day?

Not usually the humidity has been just stifling this summer. But 8lbs is crazy for me.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  mul21 Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:10 pm

Kenny B. wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:
Kenny B. wrote:

Not usually the humidity has been just stifling this summer. But 8lbs is crazy for me.

Considering the humidity was 100% when I started my run, I'm going to go with that being the culprit. I was at least fortunate enough to have a decent amount of shade, which is why I chose the route I did. It was still brutal when the sun came out about halfway through the run though.
mul21
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:17 pm

Kenny way to gut it out! I will use your run as motivation to make sure I stick with my 20 tomorrow! Weather looks promising though!
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

http://web.mac.com/cooverp/MrsCoover/Welcome.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:26 pm

mul21 wrote:
Kenny B. wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:
Kenny B. wrote:

Considering the humidity was 100% when I started my run, I'm going to go with that being the culprit. I was at least fortunate enough to have a decent amount of shade, which is why I chose the route I did. It was still brutal when the sun came out about halfway through the run though.

I figured that was the case, but some people are just big sweaters...hopefully the humidity will break for you guys soon.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:00 am

Quality:
Choice - Intention today is to focus on one area of my life that I am looking to change

Quotation:
Success in 90 percent physical and 10 percent mental but never underestimate the power of that 10 percent." - Tom Fleming

Meditation:
5:30am - 70/82% humidity and it was a great run. 9 miles w/ 5 @ LT in mynew Brooks T7 Racers dam these are good shoes. After a day off yesterday I bounced back recovered from the hard 20 on Sunday nailing today's run avg. 7:03 per split for LT portion (just about my 5 mile PR)w/HR 173 avg. steady at 177-178 last 2m.

Comparison
Vs. last week pace was slightly faster at same HR with an extra mile @ LT 5 vs. 4.

Affirmation:
I am a turning point, consciously choosing in this and every moment to remain in a place of loving - expressing Spirit's diving plan of peace.

Results
Chanting today's affirmation I was focusing on changes within my business as I got into the LT portion the chants got quieter in my mind and less frequent but my strides got quicker and felt smoother and as I finished up the LT portion to cool down for 2 miles I realized it went by in a flash without much discomfort. I really did not hit my LT zone until mile 4 and 5 and I certainly feel confident that doing 6 and 7 @LT is no issue.

Crazy part is the 5 miles @ LT was just about my 5 mile race PR. Boy do I wish I can run a 5 mile right now. I certainly would like to see what I can do as it cools down sub 35 should be easy for sure closer to sub 34 I think is possible.

Upcoming
Tomorrow will be 11-12 @ LSD.

Below are the result from today to the right last year and below last week. Tremendous difference between last years august LT of the exact same run 173 avg during today's LT vs. 181 last year.

KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely - Page 9 Untitl31
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:48 am

Thats a heck of an improvement from last year, Kenny. Good job!

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Harrison Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:59 am

As usual, solid improvement year to year. That was great run today.
Seth Harrison
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:24 pm

Continued improvement...gotta love it!!!

Solid numbers Kenny!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Kubacki Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:43 am

Kenny it's great when you can run around PR time during training runs. Keep up the great work.
Alex Kubacki
Alex Kubacki
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:56 am

John Kilpatrick wrote:Thats a heck of an improvement from last year, Kenny. Good job!

I am trying!

Seth Harrison wrote:As usual, solid improvement year to year. That was great run today.

As usual, usual is taking a long time to BQ. Certainly I have been on the Long Slow Plan! (LSP)

Nick Morris wrote:Continued improvement...gotta love it!!!

Solid numbers Kenny!!

Thanks!

Alex Kubacki wrote:Kenny it's great when you can run around PR time during training runs. Keep up the great work.

Yea, that's got to be a good sign. I really want to find a 5m or 10k to race but they are hard to find between now and November in reasonable driving distance. 10k I would crush and I think 5m I can go low-Mid 34's.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  mul21 Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:04 am

I'd say based on your tempo runs that you should shoot for a sub 34:00 in the 5 mile/8K if you can find a reasonably flat course on a decent weather day. Running those tempos in the low 7:00sshould provide a decent base for going faster than that by a few seconds per mile to drop into the upper 33s. I know I could go at least mid 33s and you're not far off of me Kenny.
mul21
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:25 am

mul21 wrote:I'd say based on your tempo runs that you should shoot for a sub 34:00 in the 5 mile/8K if you can find a reasonably flat course on a decent weather day. Running those tempos in the low 7:00sshould provide a decent base for going faster than that by a few seconds per mile to drop into the upper 33s. I know I could go at least mid 33s and you're not far off of me Kenny.

Jim, I would like to think I am right behind you, but your like a Thoroughbred and certainly your marathon times are just going to be crazy fast. I keep creeping down but slowly!
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:40 am

Quality:
Letting Go - Today's intention is the old let go and let god. Which really can be said as let God so you can let Go.

Quotation:
Running turns any open place into my chapel - Dean Ottati.

Meditation:
5:45am - 70/85% humidity got nothing on me! Continue with the tue/wed LT/LSD sequence which works well for me. Ran 12 miles breaking out fresh pair of Ronin 2's. Pretty uneventful run just in groove from the start. Pace 8:25 HR 154 http://connect.garmin.com/activity/105373763

Comparison
This was the lowest HR to date for MW LSD vs. 156 and 157 last 2weeks 13m and 12m respectively.

Affirmation:
I am letting go and letting God, living in divine grace.

Results
This was a very peaceful run for me today with an empty mind and a full soul. Chanting today's affirmation over and over building up as I climbed some small hills and letting it all go as I came down. HR was very consistent along with pace with no major HR drift. See below.

Upcoming
Nice and easy tomorrow 5-6.

KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely - Page 9 Untitl32
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:59 pm

Great run this morning Kenny!! Do you normally break shoes in with a middle distance run? I normally pick a 4 or 5 miles for the initial break in and then move up to the middle to longer distances.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:14 pm

Nick Morris wrote:Great run this morning Kenny!! Do you normally break shoes in with a middle distance run? I normally pick a 4 or 5 miles for the initial break in and then move up to the middle to longer distances.

I dont believe in a beak in period. Either they work or they dont. Keep in mind been using ronin 2s for awhile now. So I know they fit. But I did run 9 yesterday brand new shoe for me brooks t7.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:59 pm

Kenny B. wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:Great run this morning Kenny!! Do you normally break shoes in with a middle distance run? I normally pick a 4 or 5 miles for the initial break in and then move up to the middle to longer distances.

I dont believe in a beak in period. Either they work or they dont. Keep in mind been using ronin 2s for awhile now. So I know they fit. But I did run 9 yesterday brand new shoe for me brooks t7.

I know you've been running in the Ronin 2s for a while. What are you going to do when you can't get any more of them? Also, between you and me, I think we are keeping Mizuno in business!! Razz Razz
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:41 pm

I have 3 pair left figure im good for a bit. Hopefulky ill find something by then for lsd runs. If not I might quit the sport. Lol
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:21 pm

Kenny B. wrote:I have 3 pair left figure im good for a bit. Hopefulky ill find something by then for lsd runs. If not I might quit the sport. Lol

lol!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Lentz Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:33 pm

Very nice run, Kenny!
Jim Lentz
Jim Lentz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:55 pm

Quality:
Gratitude - Today's intention it to be grateful for what I have and for what I don't have as it is all part of God's plan and all should be blessed.

Quotation:
"There is a smile on my face when I run, and when I am finished my whole body is laughing. " - K Baldo

Meditation:
6:00am - 66/75% humidity finally a break in the weather although today was just a 5 mile recovery run. I was very tired this morning from a late last night (11pm) but got out there did my deed and it went well. HR was very low 131 with pace 9:39. Felt good running in a bit more crisper air can certainly feel the difference.

Comparison
I continue to have some low HR one of the lowest for this type of run

Affirmation:
I am grateful for the gift of life and for its many blessings, both seen and unseen.

Results
Just an old fashion recovery run. Results will be seen on Tomorrows harder long run but legs felt pretty goo.

Upcoming
Although weather is going to cooler I have to go indoors for long run with hill work for 10 @LSD.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:58 pm

Nice recovery run Kenny...let's see how it pays off for tomorrow and this weekend Very Happy
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 22  Next