365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely

+25
Glenn
T Miller
Paula Sue
Jerry
Michael Enright
jon c
Randy E
JohnP
Stephanie
Nick Morris
Natalie
Mrs. Schuey
Schuey
Julie
Peg Coover
Alex Kubacki
John Kilpatrick
Mike MacLellan
Penelope
Seth Harrison
Michele "1L" Keane
mul21
Jim Lentz
Tom H
Kenny B.
29 posters

Page 10 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 22  Next

Go down

KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely - Page 10 Empty Re: KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely

Post  Kenny B. Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:12 am

Quality:
Abundance - Today's intention is to know i live in abundance not needing anything more.

Quotation:
"I keep the telephone of my mind open to peace, harmony, healthy, love and abundance. Then, whenever doubt, anxiety or dear try to call me, they keep getting a busy signal - and soon forget my number" - Edith Armstrong

Meditation:
6:00am - beautiful day for running outside but I had to hit the TM for hill work. 10 mile @ LSD w/ 3 x 1 mile hill repeats bumping up the incline to 3%, 4%, 4% @ 8:27 HR very low 152 barely touching down on low side of LSD HR zone!

Comparison
Two weeks ago did similar run at 3%,3%,3% HR was 149 on avg definitely a difference with upping it to 4% but still not to hard of a run.

Affirmation:
I am living in the divine flow of the all-good - abundance is my natural state of being.

Results
This run went by very quickly with my mind floating to the abundant life I am living through the Divine Spirit. Up the chanting on the hills helped relieve the stress.

Upcoming
I want to take advantage eof the nice weather so I might do my long run tomorrow with some pace miles. Maybe 15 with 8-10 @ MP. If I do I will head to boardwalk keep it flat surface go easy on the first 4-5 and then see how the legs feel. I am not going to push the MP and might even do a progression LSD this run will be determined as I run. Kind of nice that way sometimes.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely - Page 10 Empty Re: KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely

Post  Mike MacLellan Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:21 am

With your goal race in Nov, I wouldn't stress at all about the possibility of not hitting those MP miles. Take advantage of the weather and enjoy your running.
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:36 am

Mike MacLellan wrote:With your goal race in Nov, I wouldn't stress at all about the possibility of not hitting those MP miles. Take advantage of the weather and enjoy your running.

Thanks Mike, I agree with you. I mean would you rather run 15 on a sunny cool day at beach or 5miles. vs. 15 on a running warm humid day on the roads. It will be delicious tomorrow. (sound like my mom) Very Happy
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:53 pm

Nice 10 miler on the mill. I like the grade incline!! Have fun on the boardwalk...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:00 am

Nailed my run today 15 w/9 @ MP avg 7:35 pace. Details later. It was bit on the easy side quite surprising. Went by HR keeping it no higher than 174 avg. 171 for the 9 miles @ MP peaking at 174 only for the last mile so I decided to stop and not do 10 although I could have nailed a few more miles, but did not want to push higher than 174 HR for today coming off yesterday's LSD w/hills. Not much drift at all steady from 171-172 for majority. Figured 9 was what the Dr. ordered.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:54 am

great run, Kenny! Enjoy the weekend's festivities!
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:40 pm

Quality:
Peace - Today's intention to exchange tension, frustration, and anger for peace!

Quotation:
"So as my run ends I am back in my body. The energy I Felt at the beginning of the run gradually filling my mind and soul, gradually creating a unity, a wholeness, a peak feeling of being at one with myself and the universe..." George Sheehan

Meditation:
6:00am - Yesterday I did 10 @LSD w/hills and today because of how beautiful it was outside and a party I have tonight I decided to take a go at my LSD + MP today making it back to back hard days 2x this week. Iwas going to go on feel today and keep my MP HR no higher than 174 on avg for any given mile. Ended up running 15 w/ 9 @ MP avg. 7:35 pace and HR 171 peaking at the 9th mile at 174.

Comparison
This is not far off from last years similar pace run however, it felt much easier according to my notes and pace was about 6 seconds faster per mile.

Affirmation:
I am balanced and at peace in body, mind, heart, and spirit.

Results
No much HR drift pretty steady for most miles around 172. I was amazed how effortless this really felt coming off a hard day. This was a big confidence booster forme. Weather was ideal 64-68 low humidity partly cloudy. Tomorrow willbe an easy 5 to complete my step back week of 56 miles.

I also like how my HR started to come down into LSD zone last 2 miles at LSD pace. A good sign I was not overworking.

Upcoming
Tomorrow easy 4-5 miles to finish step back week.

KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely - Page 10 Untitl17
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:42 pm

Great run Kenny!! It goes to show how good of shape you are in...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Harrison Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:19 pm

Nick Morris wrote:Great run Kenny!! It goes to show how good of shape you are in...

I was thinking the same thing. You've put in a ton of hard work, and as a result, you've come a long way over the past couple of years.
Now that you've put all this silly marathon maniac stuff behind you Very Happy and can focus on a key marathon, we're going to see some fantastic results.
Seth Harrison
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:06 pm

Seth Harrison wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:Great run Kenny!! It goes to show how good of shape you are in...

I was thinking the same thing. You've put in a ton of hard work, and as a result, you've come a long way over the past couple of years.
Now that you've put all this silly marathon maniac stuff behind you Very Happy and can focus on a key marathon, we're going to see some fantastic results.

LOL silly. Come on! My next multi-marathon stint will be when I train for 50-miler. Thanks brothers!
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:04 am

Nice run, Kenny. Hope the party was fun.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:41 am

I've been behind on your blog Kenny, but I love the "chapel" quotation and even more the K. Baldo quote about smile/laughing!

You are an amazing runner and person, so glad I have your blog to read for inspiration and wisdom!
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

http://web.mac.com/cooverp/MrsCoover/Welcome.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:01 pm

Michele "1L" Keane wrote:Nice run, Kenny. Hope the party was fun.

Party was awesome it was my parents 45 anniversary dads, 70th moms 65th b-day all on Aug 13. We had wait staff at our house and gourmet catering they were shocked. I was freakin' tired this morning but did get my 5 easy miles in and felt good.

Peg Coover wrote:I've been behind on your blog Kenny, but I love the "chapel" quotation and even more the K. Baldo quote about smile/laughing!

You are an amazing runner and person, so glad I have your blog to read for inspiration and wisdom!

Peg, thank you so very much for your kind words. You know I blog about this stuff as a reminder to myself but when others are benefiting it just makes it that much more important for me to continue. Thanks again!
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:36 am

Quality:
Independence - Today's intention to not only think success but to speak and act like the successful being I am.

Quotation:
"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." - William Faulkner

Meditation:
5:45am - 70/94% humidity - Headed to track for 8 miles w/ 6x800's w/1:30jog between. This was a tough ass workout today and not sure track workout in this humidity can every feel great. But I'd say knowing I got it done felt great. Goal was 3:17 splits ended up avg. 3:16.

Comparison
Today: 3:16 avg HR 175 overall 8:07 HR 154

June 3:19 avg HR 176 overall 8:14 HR 158

Sep 2010 3:23 HR 174 overall 8:26 HR 152 (cooler weather)

Affirmation:
With Spirit as my partner, I am living the very highest vision for my life.

Results
The warm up and cool down I was able to internalize today's affirmation knowing I am successful always in all ways having Spirit as my partner. Once I got into the repeat/intervals my mind was focused on thing to nail my splits. As you can see from the run I did accomplish that and looking at some past 800's this was substantial gains. This I did leading my day with success.

Upcoming
I changed my schedule after a discussion on the boards and some helpful advice from Matt M. and others. I have 9 weeks left to Hartford and instead of doing Vo2max toward the middle end I changed it to do it now for 3 weeks in a row. (800's 1000's and 1200's) I think I can gain a bit more speed then move back into LT's of 5,6,and 7 FC miles in the later weeks building my stamina and maintaining my speed with the continued 100m strides along with HM race and possible 5k right at taper week.

Below is this weeks plan

KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely - Page 10 Untitl36
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:58 am

Nice Saturday run! Things are really looking good...

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:40 am

Way to nail the track work!! I feel the need...for speed!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:21 pm

Great job on the 15 w/ 9@MP Kenny!

As for how you were surprised on how well you felt on this run since it was back to back quality days. It does and doesn't surprise me, I have been a true believer in doing back to back quality days. What help me change my mind on it was reading about it in Pfitz's book "Advance Marathoning" page 59 in the 2nd edition, but more so reading about it in the "Daniels Formula".

Although Daniels talks more about it with fitting in 3 quality days with while mixing in competitions. I feel that it can still be a great tool for us to mix it into our own training. If you have that book he talks about it on page 77 but the whole section of Chapter 4 "The Season Plan" is worth reading over. I find myself reading this section and actually the whole book over and over at times. Pages 73-78 is a lot of good talk on doing quality training.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:28 pm

Schuey wrote:Great job on the 15 w/ 9@MP Kenny!

As for how you were surprised on how well you felt on this run since it was back to back quality days. It does and doesn't surprise me, I have been a true believer in doing back to back quality days. What help me change my mind on it was reading about it in Pfitz's book "Advance Marathoning" page 59 in the 2nd edition, but more so reading about it in the "Daniels Formula".

Although Daniels talks more about it with fitting in 3 quality days with while mixing in competitions. I feel that it can still be a great tool for us to mix it into our own training. If you have that book he talks about it on page 77 but the whole section of Chapter 4 "The Season Plan" is worth reading over. I find myself reading this section and actually the whole book over and over at times. Pages 73-78 is a lot of good talk on doing quality training.
\\

Thanks so much! I don't have his book I do have Phitz which I enjoy quite a bit! Might have to pick up daniels.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:56 am

Quality:
Self- Appreciation - Today's intention is about acknowledging my own magnificence.

Quotation:
"You are a special person. Reward yourself with self-praise as you achieve each interim goal..." - Hal Higdon

Meditation:
6:00am - 66/96% humidity felt fine for my 6 mile recovery run. Pretty uneventful legs felt quite good and smooth almost felt I had a bit of a spring to my step which was nice. Hr was 137 pace 9:36 both par for the course. This should set me up nicely for tomorrows lucky 13 MW LSD run.

Comparison
Par for the course

Affirmation:
I am appreciating the magnificence of who I truly am.

Results
Today's focus was on who I truly am and letting Divine Spirit assure me that I am a magnificent father, husband, brother, son and employer. My main focus seemed to stay on Father. I felt a send of peace and comfort and belief that I am magnificent. Something I forget all to often. Even as a runner I forget what 6 miles really looks like and the accomplishment to run 6 miles. If you looked above a 6 mile straight road you can see how fantastic of a length that really is.

Upcoming
Tomorrow is 13 @ LSD. Should be really nice weather for this and looking forward to it.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Enright Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:20 am

Dude, you rock!

Oh, and you're also magnificent.
Michael Enright
Michael Enright
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:27 am

Michael Enright wrote:Dude, you rock!

Oh, and you're also magnificent.

lol! Are you saying I am a magnificent rock!
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:29 am

Awesome as always Kenny!! I wouldn't expect anything less.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:13 pm

UPDATE: I noticed that my 800's yesterday I did 90 sec recovery jog yet all my other 800's in the past are 120 sec recovery job (as prescribed) not sure why I thought 90 was correct and no wonder this felt so dam hard now the good news is my splits are faster with similar to lower HR.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Harrison Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:21 pm

Kenny B. wrote:UPDATE: I noticed that my 800's yesterday I did 90 sec recovery jog yet all my other 800's in the past are 120 sec recovery job (as prescribed) not sure why I thought 90 was correct and no wonder this felt so dam hard now the good news is my splits are faster with similar to lower HR.

Just another indication of how great your progress has been.
Seth Harrison
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:24 pm

Seth Harrison wrote:
Kenny B. wrote:UPDATE: I noticed that my 800's yesterday I did 90 sec recovery jog yet all my other 800's in the past are 120 sec recovery job (as prescribed) not sure why I thought 90 was correct and no wonder this felt so dam hard now the good news is my splits are faster with similar to lower HR.

Just another indication of how great your progress has been.

Or maybe I just was not pushing myself enough on those runs. Very Happy
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 22  Next